Friday, January 23, 2009

Toblerone Identity Redesign


Mmmmm... Chocolate...

The assignment for this week was to choose a brand a create a new identity for it. I chose Toblerone because, come on, chocolate is amazing.

For any of you that aren't familiar with the current brand, check ou http://www.toblerone.com/.

I started with the logo. I wanted something that would mimic the famous shape of the chocolate bar and also relate to the swiss alps. The chocolate is from Switzerland, after all.

I'm proud of the logo because of its simplicity. I like how the chocolate mountains curve over the word. I think it is very clear what they are meant to be.

From there we worked on packaging. This was my first experience with livery work in photoshop and I loved loved LOVED it. I had a good time warping things onto things and figuring out how to work with shadows. This is the package design I came up with:











I also drew that little chocolate lady. I liked her so much I used her again on my racecar liverly. This pushed my warping skills to the limit but I really enjoyed myself. Just imagine this sucker racing around the track:

No comments:

Post a Comment