Friday, January 23, 2009

The Flats Brochure - Concept

Century Gothic!
Century Gothic!
Century Gothic!

The project that made me fall in love with the aforementioned font. For this project we were asked to creat a brochure for the Dupont Circle apartment complex, "The Flats." We were provided with text and a selection of pictures.

We had complete freedom when it came to size/shape so I had some fun with it! I created a gate-fold brochure with a di-cut to add a little pazzaz. When one looks at the piece from the front there is a little peak into the inside image of the flower. Once the brochure is opened, the full photo is apparent and the informative text is organized on the remaining space. The back of the brochure uses the flower once more. It also has a map of dupont circle that I made in illustrator.

I used the photos as inspiration for the color scheme - the yellow from the flower, the blue from the wall in the cover picture.

Overall, this was one of my favorite projects of the year. I want to experiment a little more with dicuts in the future.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete